RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ed Kazmirski's Taurus
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 06:58 AM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ed Kazmurski's Taurus

ORIGINAL: RFJ

there WAS a mystery bidder who apparently was not from VR/CS, (because he didn't identify himself). We knew whoever he was, he was the one to beat.
I would be interested to know who and why. It seems to me that any true aeromodeller with a love of the hobby and a knowledge and appreciation of the history of pattern flying would agree that this historic model should be on display at the AMA museum for all to see and admire. If this was not the mystery bidders intention then he should have a serious think about the result of his selfish actions in forcing up the price for no good reason.

I have mixed feelings about touring the model around but appreciate the reasons for doing so. Under no circumstances should the model be flown again.

By way of a thank you I have (re)joined the VR/CS today.

Ray
All out ideas here in the states are not necessarily shared by those overseas. Here is an edited report from out VR/CS treasurer that answers that question:

"...Shortly after the auction closed I received a note from the second highest bidder congratulating me on the win...He is from Japan!!! If we had not won, the plane surely would have been lost for good. Great job guys, This surely would not have happened if not for the interest and cooperation of all the members who felt it was necessary to save this treasure. Thank you, thank you , thank you!!!!!!! We did it!..."