RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW~~~E-Flite Extra 260 480 ARF~~~
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 11:27 AM
akz28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW~~~E-Flite Extra 260 480 ARF~~~

Oh man! Between here and rcgroups it's an epidemic! That's like 4 260 's in a little over a week what the heck is going on?
Well you can add another to that and make it 5 260's......LOL! My maiden flight ended in disaster. This plane is not a good grass take-er off-er, for lack of a more proper term. I guess I should have listened to the people that said to change the wheels. We have a grass runway and I had to give it lots of throttle to get it to start rolling. Once it got airborne, it spiraled and nose dived from about 10 feet up. it all happened so fast I'm not sure what they heck happened. I guess it didnt help that the thing was not yet trimmed and it is a super sensitive plane. Which its supposed to be. It was totally my fault.

I will say that because of the lightness of this plane, it makes for some pretty horrific crashes. Not a good part left on the plane. Cowl, smashed. Wings (plural) broken. Fuselage, cracked in half. Landing gear, bent up. All from a less than 10 foot crash. To make matters worse, the engine smashed into the LiPo and bent it all up. So there goes a $60 battery that was used for about 30 seconds.

I guess I got too cocky in thinking that this would be a good second plane after graduating from my Hobbico Nexstar. I think I will go back to my trainer for oh, say another 1000 flights or so...LOL!

So I am gathering up all of the electronics, which are still good and ebaying them (eflite servos, eflite 480 motor and esc, extra 2100 thunderpower Lipo, Spektrum receiver, etc).

Back to the Nexstar for now. I do have a H9 PTS Mustang coming, so hopefully that will be a much better second plane for me.