View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 04:59 PM
mikeboyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Quick U-CAN-DO 46 Servo question

ORIGINAL: mikeboyd

ORIGINAL: Axel40

Thanks guys, always helpful here, as usual [8D]

Mikeboyd, so you preferred your pair of 3010's on the Ailerons as opposed to say the Elevator? Interesting....care to elucidate?
The Ailerons surface area is huge on this plane, so I chose the 3010's for them and the Rudder, because the rudder, in knife edge has allot of blow-back loading from the prop wash. Since the elevatore are the smallest, I originally installed 3004's which produce about 55 ounces at 6 volts. After I wrote the reply, I went to the hangar and looked, and did replace them with 3010's as well and reinforced the rods with 2/56 nuts, glue and aluminum tubing, to prevent the pushing flex in the linkage system on the UCD.

I am anxiously awaiting delivering of the GUCD and have decide on either the Moki 2.10 or STL 52 cc gas engine, whichever mounts and balances the best with all the servos in the tail...

Best of Luck with your UCD .46, it is without a doubt one of the most docile, and fun 3D planes out there. I also have a Reactor and GB Matrix, but neither slows down for fun stuff, like the UCD, with it's thick foil and low wing loading.
Axel, make sure you reinforce the landing gear, as already mentioned. My plane weighs 5.2 pounds, with an OS Hype 50 Helo engine and a Tower muffler. I am using an APC 12.25X 3.75 prop. I think the new OS .55 AX would rock on this airplane with a Tower muffler on it, and I believe it is less expensive than the Hype Helo engine.

Good luck with you build, please share your first flight experiences with us. Here in Texas, a Yippee, Kiyaye is usually followed with a girlish giggle, then a quick refuel, to really find out if it really is that much fund to fly.

Happy Landings,
Mike Boyd