RCU Forums - View Single Post - 26cc gas prop size
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 01:04 PM
mikeboyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 26cc gas prop size

ORIGINAL: Penuts

Thanks guys,
As of right now im turning 8000 with a 16/6 but i will try a 17 as soon as i can get one,It flys great for me but it really needs more power. I really dont care for the spe engine just does not put out the power like they claim it does.

Here's a pic of the plane anyways.
Most gas engines take awhile before they break in and start making real power. Don't loose heart, just burn a bunch of gas with the correct oils in it, and you will be rewarded.

DA recommends that the first couple of gallons you use petrol based lubes such as Lawnboy ashless mixed around 32:1. This will throw allot of black soot on your plane, but helps seat the rings to the liner and loosen things up a bit. Once you notice that the engine is coming around and putting out more power after the first two to three gallons, then you can switch to Amsoil Sabre 100:1. In the hot summer heat, here in Texas, I usually mix the Sabre oil to about 65:1 to get the extra lubrication in cowled engines. Once you switch, you will notice a pronounced difference in performance, but don't rush the process.

If you start with Amsoil, you may never seat the rings, since it is such a superior lubricant, so don't try to break the engine in with it.

I had to run nearly four gallons of Lawnboy "syrup" through my Fuji 64 before it started to break in enough to switch to Amsoil, but once I mad the switch, everyone remarked at how much power the engine gained.

Hang in there, gas engine do need allot of correct break-in, but they don't cost an arm and leg to fly eithers.

Happy Landings,
Mike Boyd