RCU Forums - View Single Post - NINJA Q-500, Ready To Ship, Tip and Techniques
Old 07-02-2008, 03:01 PM
DarrolCady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NINJA Q-500, Ready To Ship, Tip and Techniques

John,
The prices on the Ninja are $499.00 plus shipping. Shipping is $35.00 for shjipping in the US for one or two Ninjas' in one box. International is $75.00 of one or two airplanes shipped in one box.

There is a picture of my Ninja on my website. WWW.DarrolCady.com. There are also instructions for painting with a rattle can... Worked great!

I have had one question come back to me. It was concerning the aileron links. There are two 4-40 threaded studs included with the kit. The torque tubes are threaded accordingly. When you assemble them, do put IC-2000 or equivilent on the stud before you insert it. Lots... The screw the stud in until it hits the top of the wing. Back it out about 3 turns and let it set until cured. After it is currec, then cut the studs off to about 1/2" from the bottom wing skin.

When drilling the mounting holes in the fuse for the tail and wing, use a piece of maksing tape to hole both of them in place and square with the fuse with a piece of masking tape. I wrapped a piece of masking tape around the #7 and the #25 drill bits to make them the same size as the holes in the wing and stab to help drill the holes centered. Future models will hae the wings drilled with #7 holes and the stabs with #25. No need to work at centering them when this is done.

Other than that, almost everything else is done for you. The blind nuts are in for the morot mount and the landing gear. The screws that come with it for the landing gear are 1/8" too long. If you do not cut the center one off, it will puncture your fuel tank. That too will be rectified in future shipments.

Do not be afraid to order a Ninja. They are a quality airplane and are very competitive. You will not be disappointed.

See you at the Nats,
Darrol Cady
www.darrolcady.com
[email protected]