RCU Forums - View Single Post - Honeybee King v2 tuner shop
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Zimatosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

ORIGINAL: joizeex

how do you fit 2200mAh under the canopy? or does the battery tray in HBK2 let you push it back a little so that it doesn't get in the way?
I use a larger canopy to give me more room for the battery. I went with the $9.99 Pigeon 450 canopy and it fits great. I also either extend the battery tray to obtain a perfect CG or I make a slanted battery tray to mount the battery like most of the 450 sized heli's. Right now i am running a home made slanted tray that I hung off of an old feathering shaft. I do not have a picture of this specific mod...Pic. number 1 is how my tray looked a week or so after I bought the heli. Pic 2 is how it looked about 2 weeks ago. Now, instead of screws threaded into the frame, i drill all the way through the point where the screws are and insert a feathering shaft to mount a homemade tray. I will get some pics. of that mod when i can. I believe it to be a great improvement over the other fixes for CG. Balancing the heli with different sized batteries is easy as moving the battery up/down the tray.....Pic 3 how it looks now with 450 canopy, extended boom and 315mm blades.

Peace,

Z
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43856.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	984441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77563.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	984442   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13172.jpg