RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW 30% BME EDGE II
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEW 30% BME EDGE II

Harry, glad to hear you are jumping on the horse again. The Edge is a worthwhile project, even with the really unfortunate start you had with your first one. If you broke the prop during the crash then I would highly recommend sending the engine in to DA for service, if nothing else for the peace of mind. Their legendary customer service is well-deserved. Their turnaround time is also very reasonable so if you send in the engine soon, you should have it back to install on your new airframe. For what it's worth I am running a 607 receiver in my Edge and have not had any issues with it so far. With that said I also share your sentiments on pilot error versus equipment failure crashes. I toasted my 3D foamy last weekend, completely my fault, and I had a good laugh about it and we treated the carcas (sans motor and servos) to a ride on a couple large bottle rockets and a viking funeral. Kind of nice not having any scraps to worry about throwing in the trash after that. I also lost radio contact with my foamy F-14 and am very bummed out about the results of that situation. Anyway, hope you get your new Edge up and going and have many successful flights with it. Here, print this picture and stick it on your building board for some inspiration.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61400.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	985013