RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Guys 1/3 Pitts Special build problems
Old 07-08-2008, 02:30 PM
BOUND_4_HELL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Guys 1/3 Pitts Special build problems

Hi Rcpilot,

I was not looking for sympathy, you just stated the obvious, I screwed up. I’m not a builder or have any intentions of building from plans or a laser cut pile of balsa wood. I do not have the time or the motivation for it. I’m a flier.

Do not get me wrong on this either, I admire builders like our club president, as the are very knowledgeable and full of good information, and I hope that there are always builders out there to fall back on, when I need advice, it’s just not for me. If companies sold plug and play mid-size planes like the Pitts with good servos and motors, and I only needed to plug my receiver in, I would be the first in line to buy one.

My intention in posting was to let other RC Guys Pitts owners know that the wings may be a problem. I bet you would be surprised if you took a poll to see how many guys in this hobby are just ARF assemblers like me. I belong to two clubs and half of the members in both, mostly new to the hobby like me have never built, they just buy ARF or RTF and do not own an incident meter.

I have assembled 4 Bi-Planes so far in my short three years in this hobby, a GP PT-17 Stearman, GP Super Skybolt and a Goldberg A300 Ultimate and they all flew straight and true out of the box. The RC Guys Pitts has all the holes drilled in the wing struts, cabanes, and the top wing mounting bracket. The bottom wing saddle is already there, all you need to do is bolt it together, just like all the other ARF Bi-Planes I have assembled. All I was trying to say is that the quality was not there in this ARF kit.

Geppino