RCU Forums - View Single Post - 424 Summer Workshop and Testing
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 07:36 PM
dwbebens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 424 Summer Workshop and Testing

Scott;

I think that's a great idea. This is the kind of thinking and attitude that will make a positive difference - - as long as they are followed up with the corresponding actions. Go for it. This is just one of many things that can improve pylon for all of us.

Since I've moved to Nashville, I've been involved in a similar thing. I call them "Pylon Clinics", but the concept is the same. I tailor my clinics to the pylon racing class that the locals are already flying or to those who are just thinking about adopting some class. I've gone to Huntsville AL to host a "clinic" directed toward a particular small electric pylon class they are starting-up there. Here in Nashville, my clinics are aimed at Club 40, as we have just started using this class to introduce pilots to pylon.. Most of the information though is general pylon information and tips directed to the new-to-pylon type pilot to get him up the learning curve as quickly as possible. If someone wanted me to do a 424 clinic directed toward novices, then I would be glad to do this. As it is now, we already race a 424-like class we call Q-400 (424 airframes with a less powerful engine). These local guys are very good pylon pilots, so I probably don't have anything to tell them that they don't already know!

Keep up the good work Scott.

Doug Bebensee