RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba T6XH crystal???
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 04:19 AM
Pilotsmoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Futaba T6XH crystal???

Originally posted by WhtBronco
I recently acquired a Futaba T6XH radio along with the original receiver, an FP-R127DF. The guy I got it from had installed a CH 50 crystal in the TX and a CH 60 in the RX. Both were originally on CH 23. He said he swapped crystals for differenet airplanes and helis. He says it was never returned to Futaba to be re-tuned, but he was not sure what the LHS may have done while setting up the heli. I will talk to the LHS owner tonight, but I doubt he'll remember what they did. I also kinda doubt they would have tried to re-tune the radio themselves, but who knows.

Is there any way to tell if the TX or RX were re-tuned for the hgh end channels? Would a Futaba service center have put a new channel sticker on them?

I am thiking of just picking up a set of CH 23 crystals and then doing the normal engine on and off range checks. Does this sound resonable?

TIA
You are better off just buying the 23 crystals. Unless they retuned it, it is against FCC regs. to use. It would also cost more to retune it than to just buy the #23 crystal. They cost $18 at servocity.com.(couldn't find tx crystals at tower hobbies) it is leagal to change rx crystals, but you can't change those rx's back because they are high band. If you put a low band crystal (ch11-31 I think) in a high band rx, you will have less range.( I don't know why, but futaba is the only one with this high band-low band stuff)