RCU Forums - View Single Post - Strictly On Road Baja..........
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 10:17 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Strictly On Road Baja..........

Well here is the thing guys i already HAD a FG onroad with a good motor pipe set up PLUS serouse gearing and was topping out at 64 MPH all day long with it BUT the onroad sportsline FG drove like crap, im very good with suspention set up's and i did get the car to a point it was driveable but not fun at all,i felt like i was always fighting the car to start in a str8 line, id always loose the rear end no matter what and i was going threw tires like hot cakes and those tires where not cheap,i needed 2 serouse upgrades for it one was a pipe and a adjustable rear diff, but those 2 item where jsut way to much money for me 2 wanna spend, 200 dollars for a DIFF??? and 500 for the FG/SAMBA pipe............it really turned me off to the car and i actually sold it about 2 months ago so i know u guys might say OH JUST BUY AN ONROAD well i did and i hated it

Also on the subject on me useing offroad cars for onroad one thing people dont relize is im not useing my cars on any kind of preped surface im running my cars on normal streets and parking lots where usually traction is kinda had to get, so useing offroad cars for these things usually make things alot easier becuase of the wider and longer wheel base the baja onroad HANDLES 100% better than a FG onroad on just normal surfaces and with those spacers installed in the car now i know it will be great becuase i just cancelled out all my body roll.

also the car isnt done yet wait till u guys see the pipe ima be useing

Foxy thanks for the support!! ull have a PM with in the next few days once i hit 100 MPH with my new racer2 i built last mnoth