RCU Forums - View Single Post - Smartech Thunderbolt Video 2 with some jumps...
Old 07-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Smartechracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smartech Thunderbolt Video 2 with some jumps...

ORIGINAL: Cal-Torque

As far as cost, Redcat is also made in Asia, and obviously has comparable costs (physical and R&D). They're under $1000? Are they just taking less margin? Or, is it a go-to market strategy to destroy the competition? I don't know, but that's the reality of the market that you need to deal with. You should also consider that HPI isn't far behind... They will own the market if you don't get a foothold now.

"Made in Asia and obviously has comparable costs(physical and R&D)". Can you show me how to compare the cost with two different designed and feature product?

It is not a story only about the labor cost. For exsample, Sony computer they also made their computers in China, their oem vendor sell the same function of product maybe change the computer case or brand name only but they are selling with a huge price difference. In this case, you can say "also made in Asia, and obviously has comparable costs (physical and R&D). ". But the truth is the they are still selling in different price.

Labour cost is just a part of costs, if you have the experience of manufacturering then you will know the difference. If you do not have the knowledge, please do not comment.

"They're under $1000? Are they just taking less margin? Or, is it a go-to market strategy to destroy the competition? I don't know,".
I don't know why you are asking above questions? We are Smartech, not Redcat, if you want to know the the answers, why don't you go to ask Redcat directly?