RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Davey G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Mini_Me

Dave, I know a driver of you skill this rarely happens, but if you hit something head on, do you find the steering suddenly reentering at a different offset? I have encountered this, and the only way to correct is to lift the truck up and put it back down, or reset the trim on the remote.
I never have had a servo issue, I would assume that the lexan makeshift tierods would give enough to allow the servo to not lose center. Sorry bud, but I never had an issue with this. Still running bone stock electronics throughout except for the losi lipo.

ORIGINAL: -JOE-

Hey I have a few problems with my two micro's.

#1 MT- Whenever I get within 5 feet the throttle engages and it starts creeping. But when I put my hand on the transmitter antenna it stops.

#2 MT- Something in the transmission is very tight. It has a bad breakskid and is hard to move forwards and backwards.
It also has something wrong with the motor. I will be driving it and all of the sudden the motor will stop spinning but steering still works. Its not the battery because it works fine in #1 MT.

Does anyone have any advice?
Did you try replacing your transmitter batteries with new ones and NOT rechargeables? The alkalines hold a higher voltage then rechargeables. Does this happen only in certain locations? Meaning if you go to a parking lot of something does this still happen? Are you capacitors still intact on the motor? If your pretty handy you can use aluminum insulated wire and replace the thin guage antenna wire that is supplied. It holds its shape nicely and you can cut it about 1" longer then stock.

My truck had 1 too many shims on its transmission top shaft, right where the slipper clutch backplate is. I took one out and it rolls nicely and is faster as well. Other then that, you can of course check your pinion to spur mesh, make sure your stock motor bushings are oiled and also loosed ALL tranny screws slightly like many people have posted already.

Hope I was of some help to you!!!