RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Jack28
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Hi Guys, Just an insight on Tumbler's wing failure, I was spotting for him when it happened, The whole flight was at 1/2 throttle, when the wing failed it was only flying at maybe 40- 50 mph. The flight was very smooth , no High G manuevers and no burners. I can vouch for Brian in his flying/building ability, he is an expert pilot with alot of experience. You have to remember that this is a chinese copy ,and never designed to be a turbine aircraft. Due to its low cost it attracts alot of guys that want to get into turbines cheaply, I believe it can be flown successfully with a light engine (12-14 lbs) as long as the wing spar area is reinforced. I think the failure was the wing tube itself, I would definetely insert a hardwood dowel into the wing tube with Gorilla glue, this will increase the yeild strength of the tube, I would also look at the joints where the wing tube ends and extend this area out further on the wing. Take a good look at your wings and flex them at the wing tips, they have alot of flex in them ,not a good thing for a 160 mph jet. Jack.