RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 05:35 PM
tim777jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Ref the guy fitting a 24 lb turbine in this aircraft, I really think you should consider what you are doing. 24lb thrust in a aircraft designed to have an AUW of around 12 lbs!
I spent around 10 years designing and finally achieving a working jet engine. I left it lying around for about 3 years in my garage, collecting dust, then decided to get it flying.
I was going to design my own aircraft, but saw this plane advertised for around 180 pounds in UK. I could not buy the materials to build a plane like this for that money, so bought it thinking I could use maybe just the wings or a few other parts, but was so suprised at what you get for your money, beautiful lines and in general, a really beautifull design, so decided to convert it and keep it as it was.
My model owes me nothing, I have had enormous pleasure from it, and learnt a lot, but if you need a model with a 2 to 1 power to weight ratio, then I think you should be looking at the high end of the market manufacturers. This model will take off fully laidened with fuel, from grass with around 12 lbs of thrust, a real credit to the model, 13 to 14 lbs is great.
As aquaskiman has indicated, he found his wing shear webbing with the grain the wrong way round, hard to belive in 2008 that this can happen, worth a check on all our models.

Fly safe Tim