RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Groundrushesup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

ORIGINAL: AETCBoom4
Ground: Nice setup, I had the same one in my Mustang before I sold it. IMHO it is the best BL inrunner to use. I have used the AON setup but the 6 series beats it hands down. If I may pass a word of advice, I would ditch the stock prop in favor of the 10x8 Eflite prop, it is the same used on the P-38 and it will mount to the stock gear box. I was getting severe cavitation in flight, due to the stock prop coneing over at above 3/4 throttle. I was using TPS 11.1 2100 prolites in mine. I'm not sure if the extremes will fit in the battery compartment without modification. I definitely recommend reinforcing the wing with CF. I believe I still have the picas if you are interested. It's the same mod I helped Sinai with a while back.

Thanks for the scoop on the eflite 10x8's man. I had an inkling that I'd be smart if I looked for a sturdier prop that doesn't swing those fat paddles on the end like the stock jobber.
As far as the TP extreme, it fits, almost. I have a sturdy velcro rig in place of the stock hatch so it stays put and doesn't hang out like a sore thumb.

Ah so you're the originator of the CF mod? I just did that to my wing a few weeks ago, but I did it [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10181644&postcount=1761]with four small rods[/link] laid parallel rather than a large single truss. I dunno I just felt it would be less prone to torsion that way, and it is 26" long so it conforms to the dihedral well without deforming the underside of the airfoil. Pardon my lack of attribution in that post. I've read all 100+ pages here now so some details are a bit fuzzy.

EDIT : Corrected attribution. Handy when you host the image on your own web server.