RCU Forums - View Single Post - Priming F'Glass
Thread: Priming F'Glass
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2003, 06:40 AM
Canuck1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Priming F'Glass

The method Brian explained to me has worked very well. I am using just standard Grey automotive primer with good results. The putty I am using is Bondo, glazing and spot putty. The stuff goes on smooth, dries in half and hour. It wet sands great and feathers well. The fuse at this point is a combination of grey red and white. After I sanded with the 400 grit with water, the fuse is at a nice state, very smooth and hardly any pin holes.
I am building a 90in Lancaster bomber from Chris Gold plans. The fuse is a wood box construction with foam for the outer shape. I glassed the foam with 2oz just for some extra strength to prevent hanger rash. The remainder will be glassed with .75oz cloth using the West Systems. The West Systems is great. No measuring as the hardener and epoxy are delivered by pumps on the container. It is very then and requires no thinning. This is my first glassing job and I am pleased with the results so far. I have also been getting some great support here from fellow modeler's. I do thank all the opinions and ideas that are on this site.

Craig.