RCU Forums - View Single Post - 9C gasser kill sw from dual rate on Throttle
Old 05-20-2003, 05:54 AM
mikenlapaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9C gasser kill sw from dual rate on Throttle

AMCross: Not trying to 2nd guess or be smart, just trying learn from those with experience.

most common need for a kill switch is loss of contact with the throttle servo due to pushrod failure, vibrating off the throttle arm, throttle servo failure, throttle servo mounting failure etc. Many of these happen frequently flying gas models due to the vibration from the engine, etc.
1) Is it a standard practice to use lock nuts and Locktite on the carb lever connector (ball swivel in this case)?;
2) same procedure for connection metal to inner Gold n Rod?
3) same as above for connect at servo arm?

(You can't do a "position" mix where you say, "hey throttle, no matter where you are, go here".)
I was visualizing, Whoa! This engine (Throttle) is out of control .., then flipping a switch and advancing the stick to get the extra movement to activate the remote kill.
[SIZE=3]DAAAA! I see the point. Dumb to put the safety directly on the link your trying to have a back-up for![/SIZE] I now know where I'll drill and mount the kill switch. Ch 5 and a seperate servo it is.
These posts serve multi-purposes 1) to get the person think out options to a problem, then put it in writing and 2) the chance to hear back from a forum.

Still curious about ?'s 1-3 above just from a safety and good construction point of view.
Thanks