RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tail motors & the 4-1
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 01:14 AM
cflytrap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tail motors & the 4-1

Allrightee thanks Andy that helped out. I got down to messin with the pots on the gyro and I was able to get my Eagle 50's tail to hold nicely. Its alot better. I got a few more good flights out of it last week.

Today I was balancing my main blades on the bench and my tail motor stopped working altogether. I am very fortunate that it didn't happen while I was flying. It was a good motor and has lasted for a fair while I think (3 months). I had a boomstrike earlier on it when I was still learning but the motor took no damage and I have flown quite a few times since then.

I am wondering if the reason I needed to pump up the motor's limit recently was because the motor was actually near the end of its life? I gave no real indication it was going to die. While checking my tracking it just stopped, no sputter, just stopped. I checked for voltage output on the rx603 tail motor output and its all good so I know its the tail motor.

She was a good little motor. Had a decent life I think. I didnt fly it too hard. Glad its $10 parts while on the bench instead of the heli doing the "toilet flush" in midair and crash