RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Patriot on the Build Board!!
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2003, 02:22 AM
rpz-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And I thought I was going to get flamed for this!

Heh Heh Heh...

I thought I was going to eat some serious crow for mentioning this at all here! Actually, I was thinking that the D engine class with plug or a blast proof firewall would be the ticket. I will look into the E size - That's a lot of wallop!! I have been using multi-stage rockets in the past and am familiar with the operation and thrust numbers. Given eflux celocity at the nozel is in excess of mach, the factg that the plane may already be moving at 150mph should have some but not too much effect on the overall acelleration capabilities of the plane, and it is will not be fighting gravity - likely only straight and level. A longer burn is definitely required if anything more than a short kick and a puff of smoke are to be seen. The idea with this plane is to be faster than the jet jocks at the club, possibly even the region - and to do it in style!

We were out today, and the current speed champion actually went faster than he has previously - maybe 140-160??? rough guess with no equipment to measure today.

Question - will weight really affect the top end speed? or is it only on takeoff/landing where it makes a difference? The chord of the wing is not changing, but the wing loading is. Will a half pound or even an ounce make that much difference? I'm thinking I should REALLY concentrate on smooth lines. How about sharpening the stock leading edges? Will that help?

Thanks for the comments so far!

Hey Sparkplug.... I'm comin' to get ya! :devious: