RCU Forums - View Single Post - HENG LONG OWNERS ONLY THREAD!
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Chally2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HENG LONG OWNERS ONLY THREAD!

ORIGINAL: fv432

I think that the Tight track is your problem with the boards and one of the disadvantages of installing metal gears as they get rid of the rachet gear you find on the plastic gearboxes an annoyance to most but i bet it wouldn't fry your board
I reckon Rob’s bang on there. My tank runs on concrete most of the time but does encounter the overflowing plant pots in the back yard on occasion. Getting a jasmine twig stuffed up your tracks would do more damage than a small pebble; trust me.

The slipper clutches did activate on my Tiger at one point. I took the heavy cushions off the settee to make an obstacle course indoors for the Tiger when running outside wasn’t an option (raining harder than a politician produces spin). The cushions were a safe obstacle I thought, but not so. Some of the covering material caught on the right track and gathered between it and the hull as it turned. The slipper clutch kicked in and the noise it made caused me to back off the throttle straight away. It was a good job I did, the rear mudguard was flipped off and the track thrown off the sprocket.

I was in the living room driving over cushions and hadn’t even noticed what was going wrong. It would be much easier to miss problems like this when you are further from the tank as you would be outside. One small stone or twig could cause major problems without being noticed.

I have a TK-RX14 board in my Tiger and it came with metal reinforcement for the suspension mounts out of the box, HL is clearly taking note of the problems that can occur by fitting these mods to its latest tanks.

Perhaps the RX14 boards are the electronic alternative to the slipper clutch on the metal upgraded tanks, or are meant to be?

Best of luck with the RX14 board Kev, I hope it solves your problem mate.

Drive safely lads.