RCU Forums - View Single Post - TBM Shock Jet
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 05:27 PM
georbeckha
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TBM Shock Jet

One thing on quality I did forget to mention is that the wheels supplied with the plane ore not the best quality.
I mean, they look nice and all and are light weight, but out of the 6 or 7 flights put on this over the weekend, one or the other main tires threatened to come off (Only made it half off) on 2 or 3 of the landings, and on the last flight on Sunday, I was landing in a cross wind and hit a patch of rough ground. the nose tire popped off the rim and wrapped itself around one side of the nose gear legs causing the nose wheel to lock up. (It also may have had something to do with it 'tripping over' the nose wheel and flipping over onto it's back.)

Now I think I'll pop the tires off myself (Really easy to do) and use some cement between the tire and wheel to kind of try to hold the wheels on!

All in all, this kind of reminds me of a Great Planes Trainer .60 I used to have before they discontinued it in favor of the PT .60
It's Big and bulky, kind of like a box with wings on it, but it flies and flies well! This plane will be great for the beginners into jets that want a sunday flyer they can take out and not worry about a ding here or a scrape there. Plus it turns heads with that Turbine Sound!

George