RCU Forums - View Single Post - Landing technique for faster airplanes
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2003, 02:56 AM
David_Moen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landing technique for faster airplanes

Hello all.

I've recently graduated from my trainer to my Ultra Sport 40+. So far the flying part of things is going well. The plane is fast, responsive, and capable of much more than I am.

My big problem is landings. I have been able to land my Eagle II very nicely for quite some time. I can bring it in nice and easy, and I'm sure that if there were little passengers on the thing they wouldn't even be spilling their drinks. I come in at idle and just let it settle onto the ground, usually end up at full up elevator by touch down.

My US40+ is another story. It was coming in way to fast for my liking with a 10x7 prop on it, so I switched to a 11x6 (OS 46 by the way) this slowed down approaches alt, giving me some time to think, but it seems that I am all over the place on approach. I get down to about 2 feet from the ground and it seems to drop out of the air. After about 16 flights, I still haven't been able to "grease" one yet.

How should I expect to adjust my technique to get this thing on the ground a bit more gracefully?