Thread: RCGF Engines
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 01:10 AM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCGF Engines

Hey Mmattockx,
I own a RCGF 65cc engine, and I would back them 100% I'm a 3d flyer and I need power and reliability out of an engine I have a 30% yak-54 so I put the 65cc on it and it's a blast... I first had the engine in a lanier edge 540 87" and I crashed it strait in and the engine made it through it alive!!! I cracked the carb manifold on it (made of hard plastic) and Piston got me a new one...

The first time I started this engine was a good experience... I choked the carb got it good and wet and turned the choke off, fliped the prop once and she fired right up! every since then it has been good to me. I was very new to gas engines when I got this one and I had no help with tuning it but it never cut out until some guys from the field started messing with the needles and I had one dead-stick because of that... I knew that they were wrong but I thought they knew more than I did... after a couple weeks of flying with the engine the power picked up on it alot... I started off with a Xoar 22x10 and brand new it was spinning that at 6900 ( and this is with no tune) then after a couple days I got it up to about 7300-7400 once I started getting better with the gasser... then after a couple months and a new plane I put a zinger 24x8 on it and it spins that at about 7200 rpms... that's good, my friend DA 50 spins a 23x8 a 6600... he has an Extreme flight extra and you could see the difference in power right away... For the price and performance this is a great engine! I will most definitely get another, I aslo will be getting one of the 100cc engines as I'm hearing good things about them also....

Ask anyone down at my field and they will tell you that this engine has power!! after learned to fly I pushed it to the limit!! nice transition and good Idle... get a Velo stack if inside the cow it helps the mid-range sometimes also...
I have videos on Youtube of the engine in action...

some with it mounted on my edge 540..
and one on the yak-54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2d7N6Wvy5A

I called it the peak 65cc because when I bought the engine no one new who made it, it had 2 or three different names, and no US distributor at the time... I purchased it from peakmodel in Newzealand but they just drop ship directly from the Factory... nice packaging with the RCGF box.