View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 11:24 AM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CMP BF109F BUILDING THREAD

Hi all

Pic may time out. if no pic I'll post it later

an example of the idea I used on my (our, HVACMAN) full composite 48" span Bf 109F to keep the engine from sticking out.

The model can fly on a .32 size engine, but I have an OS .46VF with rear exg with a about a 1.25" alum extension to set the engine in the oil cooler scoop.

This not only adds nose ballast, but also allows a smooth and dependable idle and more importantly makes the engine rev up slower and gives the flyer a chance to control the ground loop problems that are the biggest problem with the 109 with scale gear position.

Overheating: Since the model is way over powered, I don't have to push the engines limits to get a super fast model. Also I fly in 80 degree or less ambient temps. Fuel is 15%.

Another thing about the real 109, the oil cooler scoop was made deeper to on some models to allow for the larger oil cooler, one can modify the scoop to reflect that deeper pan and help conceal ones engine.

I have an OS 108, OS 160 and a Moki 210 that may be used in this CMP 109. Hopefully it will not vibrate to death will the cheap polyester resin fuse.

The spinner is a home made composite spinner. The concept was first shown to me by HVACMAN. At this point we make a our own spinners, props, (flying and static) vac form parts, wheels, mufflers.

working on materials for scale tires.

Steve