RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix f-20 tigershark
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 03:38 PM
YUKONFLYR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix f-20 tigershark

I used a Rossi 53 which has a bigger crankcase than the Jett. I just kept grinding carefully and after I cut away the excess that is in front of the engine lugs. I then drilled holes to mount the engine and threaded them with a 6/32 tap. I did not use any nyloc back up nuts since the cowling had to go on first. I have had no issues with the 6/32 capscrews and I could not make them strip with a standard hex screwdriver. They are still tight.

I drilled three holes in the bottom of the vertical tail, two near the rear and one in the middle. Drilled the coorisponding holes in the plane and then used bamboo cut to about 3/4" and then epoxied the tail on. I thought the tail may be sufficent, however with my heavy Rossi on the nose, a little tail reinforcement helps for peace of mind and a little counterweight without adding lead

Check out the other thread on the Phoenix Tigershark. The book control throws are way off. I had a H@)) of a time keeping the plane from piling in with the stock control throws. Also you need dual rates.......I tried without and it almost cost me a plane

Richard