RCU Forums - View Single Post - JAS-39 Gripen Owners/Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 05:37 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default JAS-39 Gripen Owners/Build Thread

This thread is intended for use by JAS-39 Gripen owners and builders and potential owners and builders to share information, tips, questions, and experiences with models of this amazing 4th generation jet fighter aircraft. With some luck, we can use this as a primary reference to quickly find such info as recommended control throws (especially for the canards), suggested cockpit parts (since there is no specific cockpit kit), C.G range, recommended engines, engine mounting, instruction manual, and a variety of other info (some of which may have been previously posted in other threads but is hard to find).

I'm aware of three Gripen kits currently available. There is the 1/7th scale Skymaster ARF Plus Gripen (available in three paint schemes), the 1/7th scale Jetlegend Gripen (available in ARF or kit), and the Airworld 1/5th Gripen kit. Paul Gray also produced a Gripen kit but I believe the molds are currently owned by PJP.

I purchased a Skymaster Gripen (all white gelcoat scheme). SM also has the prototype paint scheme and a full camo scheme. Photos of the three SM Gripens are given below.

Regards,

Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78598.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	1021787   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av70001.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1021788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67981.jpg