RCU Forums - View Single Post - Charlie Kellogg's TBM Avenger Build
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 11:05 AM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Charlie Kellogg's TBM Avenger Build

Ken, as you and I can both see, these guys know their stuff so I won't be able to blow smoke at them and get away with it. Rrudytoo is absolutely correct with his references to Grumman and GM. I guess for me the quickest way to tell a TBF from a TBM is that the TBM had two vent holes facing the prop in the front portion (top and bottom) of the cowl and the TBF only had one vent hole (top) of the cowl. The bottom vent in the TBM was for the oil cooler. Ken, I have been researching this project the whole time we have been building the "DAWG's". I'm building what is termed the TBM-3E. Why - only because I like the external tail hook hanging out. To tell you the truth, it will be easier to make it operational. The other tail hooks were retracted up into the fuse. Ken, don't give up on warbird iron versus stick and fabric. Speaking of stick and fabric, I have a 1/3 scale Pup for you to build as your next project.

With regards to grading the 6th grade math and science papers, I'll have the kids grade their own papers with my special pencils. The pencils will have no erasers on them so they can only mark the papers wrong and not attempt to change their answers. Smile. Ha, ha. I'll therefore make my work load easier and can build more. Please do not talk about sanding, I'm still sanding on the DAWG in an attempt to put some latex on it soon. Word of advice guys: Go lightly on spraying on primer, trust me. Time to go eat some "Hot DAWGs" at my mother in law. Chic