Thread: RCGF Engines
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 07:32 PM
plasticman
My Feedback: (97)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCGF Engines

ORIGINAL: T3beatz

yeah, I've been trying to figure out how to mount an gas engine to a profile also. It would be a nice money saver and easy starting for me... It wouldn't be so hard, but you would have to modify the front end of the profile in order to fit the engine recessed on the front so that the CG won't be thrown off as much. I think if you fitted one of the 20-26cc engines on the smaller 90-120 size ARF fusions with the 67in span, or the Yak with the 65" span they would fly great with a little aft weight.

They also have the 92" edge 540 Hybrid kit... for the 50-70cc class engine, I'm just not a kit person... I fly to hard I don't want to see my hard work in pieces on the ground!

T.J.
T.J.

The easy way to do this is to find a engine that is rail mount but that limits the choices for gas. I was talking to John Drake, owner of OMP, earlier today and we were discussing a mount for the profiles to allow stand-off style engines to mount. I think he understands there is genuine interest. Hang-in-there and perhaps it will become available.

If you want to get some ideas on how to do this to a profile, take a look at page 19 of this manual for the profile Talon: http://www.goldeneagleaircraft.com/f1-p-manual2.pdf

David.