RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gruman Ag-Cat
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 10:32 AM
rychaross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gruman Ag-Cat

To all,

Thank you for all of your concerns and consideration. I can't begin to tell you how much they mean to me and my family. My wife and I and the kids went north to the Woodlands (that place is tore up. A lot of rich folks up there) to stay with my wifes aunt. She's all alone and really appreciated us staying with her. My place faired pretty well considering what this area looks like. I had to pull my carpet up in the hall way. I lost just a few shingles and some damage to my ridge caps. I do have some spotty places on my ceiling that will have to be looked at and we also lost a tree and two sides of my fence. I recieved power back yesterday at 1:00 p.m. I have to tell you that our local officials in this area have really buckeled down to get this area back on line. I'm very proud of them for that. Our Mayor Bill White and his team have been working with no or very little sleep and around the clock. I didn't have any damage to my planes. The Agcat project is safe. It appears that my family and I received a small amount of damage considering the condition of this area. Once again thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. I would like to post some pictures of some of the damage in this area, but I don't believe it is appropriate to post them on this forum. There is a picture of a plane at the Laporte airport that was just restored to flying condition that was literally ripped in two. The storm blew it into the corner of the fence and the tail section was blown over the fence and settled by the telephone pole near the street. Since it relates to avaition I will post those picture just to show all of you folks the power of the wind from a hurricane that blows 90 to 100 mph from anyware 10 to twelve hours consistantly. Hopefully I will get those pictures loaded tonight or tomorrow. Once again thanks for all your prayers. They are greatly appreciated.

For those who don't have my new e-mail here it is.

[email protected]