RCU Forums - View Single Post - GST 7.7 shifting (WOULD LIKE RESPONSE FROM CEN)
Old 09-19-2008, 01:26 PM
newgst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GST 7.7 shifting (WOULD LIKE RESPONSE FROM CEN)

My CEN GST didn't shift from the factory either in fact it took about 2 months of back and forth talking to CEN to get them to send me parts and then when i put them in it still didn't work.

-Check the third gear clutch bell for metal burrs around the hole for setting the shift point. Mine had burrs that ruined my clutch shoes from the factory.

-Make sure the third gear has shims in between the shoes where the spring/screw/nut holds them together on both sides.

-The 3rd gear set screws need to be perfect. Find the point when the clutch shoes start to push out then turn back a 1/8 turn.

- 5 turns out on the 3rd gear is a good starting point when tuning and then adjust in 1/8 turn increments. Mind you if the screws are not turned out equally than you will not get engagement. A good way to tune 3rd gear is to tune 2nd gear first so it engages right away so there is no confusion on which gear is winding out and shifting to the next. If you don't here 3rd gear hit as you tune it but you see the speed then you know 3rd gear hit.

If you don't follow 1 of the above steps your 3rd gear will not have either an audible shift or a shift at all