RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR 10x screen problems
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2002, 04:35 PM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR 10x screen problems

I had the same problem with my 10X right after I purchased it last year. I too was dissapointed but what can you do? I found out that the problem was not experienced all the time. I also found out that if I held the transmitter in a certain way, I screen would go blank. I did this for several times and convinced myself that it was indeed a definate problem and needed to be addressed. Before sending it back, I found out that if you loosen'ed the screws on the front of the transmitter, "Bingo", the problem was solved. No doubt there is a defect in the design of the way the face plate is attached. I sent it back to the factory, and they made the nescessary modifications that cured the problem. Another problem I found was in the charge circut. I found that if you tried to "quick" charge the battery's in the transmitter, the Fuse, would blow everytime. This is a ceramic fuse that is not detectable to someone unfamialiar with this type of fuse. I cured this problem by just adding a jumper across the fuse. I dont know why they have a fuse there anyway. I hope this has helped you and I'm sure you will enjoy the 10X very much. ( Personally, I still like Mark V111 unlimited, better.)