blvdbuzzard

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default OK Models, Baby build thread

I opened a thread asking about this plane. I got an answer from Pete. He had one and would sell it. I bought and had to finish up a couple other project before I could start this one. If you want the plans for it, they can be found [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7865759/tm.htm]Baby Plans[/link]

I finished my Das Not Ugly stick, 3 other ARF's I was working on and now for the Baby. It is a 36 inch span 0.049-0.061 sized 2-3 channel high wing cabin type plane. As with most of the planes back then they are pretty stout. This one has Spruce and ply doubler's every where. The formers are ply wood. The wing spar is 1/8 inch by 1/2 inch spruce. Teh first one I built way back when had (2) full sized 94102 servos, (4) AA pack and a large Rx. I think it weighed in at around 28 to 30 oz. It stil;l flew like crazy with a Cox Black Widow in the nose.

I am building two Babies, 1 will be glow powered and the other will be "E" powered. In the pictures, that is the E version I am building. I have cut the ribs, and most of the fuse. I am changing things as I go. I made the formers out of balsa instead of ply. The tail end formers are 1/8" and then a strip up the out side to help give it a little more strength. I am watching the weight of the E powered one just to be safe. I am going to use a balsa spar with a 1/8 inch square carbon fiber tube for strength. I will be using light weight foam wheels on both planes.

I have not thought of a color scheme yet, I will wait for it to take shape before I figure that out.

I have a new in box AP 0.061 just waiting for this plane. I also have (8) Dynam 9 gram servos just looking for homes. I will need to get a AAA Rx pack for the glow version. I am not sure on what motor ESC I will need for the E version. Will look that up as I build.

This is what I have so far. More to come soon.

Thanks.

Dru.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11658.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1037750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16915.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1037751   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29594.jpg