RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-16 fighting eagle from famous
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 12:14 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F-16 fighting eagle from famous

Here's my story. When I finished the jet. I tried to balance it at 78mm per the instructions. It required 3 oz. of lead in the nose to achieve that balance point. First flight I needed so much up to rotate it was ridiculous. In flight I keep adding up trim, all I had and it still was diving. Had to hold up the whole flight. I concluded the jet was nose heavy. I removed 1/2 the weight and flew again. some improvement but not much. I took all the weight out and flew again. Better but still not right. At 78mm the jet is nose heavy. I'm at 90mm right now and it balanced level. I still think it needs to balance back a bit more. As far as I'm concerened the CG point in the instructions are wrong. I realize that everyone has there own preference about how a plane should fly and what CG best fits there style. I prefer mine a hair nose heavy.I want to get it to thr point where there's no up trim in level flight,I'll keep messing with it till I find where that is. As far as the 2 crashes If they flew anything like mine did the first time out it took forever to rotate if you pulled it off green it would stall, snap and crash. Mike