RCU Forums - View Single Post - OPS .65, piston/liner condition
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 07:14 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OPS .65, piston/liner condition

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

I believe that the cylinder should be pre-heated to maintain the original pinch as long as possible and to put less stress on the other moving parts. Some 1/2A AAC engines are set up so tight that you can break something before you get it broken in. I see no harm in using this advice, just extra effort.
At some point all engines will loosen up enough to make special handling a moot point.
I am sure you will prolong the life of the nice fit this way, seems sensible to me. But yeah, the caveat is that you need to have something at the field to warm them up. The effort expended all depends how important it is to you I guess!

Based on the timing of these engines, perhaps my plan of twinning them on a Duellist 2/60 is a waste? Hmm, I better take a look at that wing and see how thick it is. Maybe a pair of something else would be more sensible. Not that I prefer sensible, insanely overpowered is more the ticket, but these might be running too little prop for that thing. The alternative is always single engine Speedcup-type models, and if I get one of those in the air with one of these .65's, I might start yawning at the Magnum.

No matter, I have lots of time to daydream about such a problem.

MJD