RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 608FS reciever locout/failure due to heat
Old 09-26-2008, 06:39 PM
mikeboyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 608FS reciever locout/failure due to heat

ORIGINAL: craigteffe

Guys,
I started this thread to warn people of problems with the futaba receivers. If you still want to use them you do so at the risk of loosing you aircraft. My thoughts are this if you throughly test your receivers under high temp settings and all goes good I think you would be ok. But I will not take the unnecessary risk.

This thread was not intended to bash but to get the information out there and discuss it, ask Summerwind what he thinks about all this mess.

If you want to post here fine do so but please do not question my motives, if you have nothing constructive or helpful to say then don't post!!!!! Don't waste my time or those that have subscribed here.
What was the prognosis from Futaba, when you returned your defective receiver back to the manufacturer?? We are all really curious how Futaba responded to you. I had a major radio problem on my old 9C from them a year ago, after they had made some repairs, they made good on the follow up repairs at no charge and a nice apology. I wonder if they will still be so kind in this situation.

Thanks for all the info so far, could we get a list of your components and maybe some good pictures of the installation, like Summerwind did on his post of the 308 failure on his Skybolt.

Look forward to you positive, accurate information, soon, since I may have wasted money buying some of these units already. (before seeing this thread)

Mike Boyd
AMA 7197