blvdbuzzard

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: OK Models, Baby build thread

Well I had some time this evening to work on the Babies. I bent up the gear for the E version and got that mounted.

Next was the horizontal stab. I used the G version as a template and then made a frame out of 1/8"X1/2" hard balsa. I have a strange way of building things. I use small dabs of hot gule to hold the parts down. I put 2 small dabs on the tips pieces of the stab to hold them in place. Then I cut the trailing edge piece to fit between the tips. I put a sing dab in the middle of the trailing edge piece. Then I cut the center section. I put a small dab towards the front to hold it in place. Then cut the leading edge pieces. Then I added the ribs. After everything was glued with Ca, I sanded the top smooth. Then I use a 6 inch long flex knife to cut the part loose from the table. Sand the bottom and all done. I cut the vertical and rudder from sheet stock.

Then I started on the wings. I had to cut a few pieces. I found some balsa that was close to the leading edge pieces from the kit. I had two ailerons from an old ARF that matched the profile just right so I cut 1/2 inch of the trailing edge part to make the trailing edge for the E version.

I started by drawing out the rib locations on the board. I used the spruce spare to get the locations. Then I HG the trailing edge down. Then I put the carbon spar in one rib and Ca'ed the rib to the trailing edge then I added the rib on the opposite side of the wing to locate the spar. Then I filled in the ribs. Then I glued the leading edge on. Wing panel was done in about 10 minutes.

After building 4 panels, making sure I made 2 right panels and 2 left panels. I sanded the angle on the leading edge, spar and trailing edge Then I glued the dihedral brace to one side of one panel. Then I glued the other panel in place. Then I glued the second dihedral brace on.

Well I have one wing ready for tips and center section sheeting. The other wing panels need sanding of the center joint angles.

Thats all for to night.

Dru.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74576.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1041497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71288.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1041498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96334.jpg