RCU Forums - View Single Post - What really happened to Tekin
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 10:58 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What really happened to Tekin

ORIGINAL: jmcvicker

Guys like that who run small companies sometimes never care for themselves but delve really deep into one thing - often obsessing. What he sounded like he had was "Asperger Syndrome" Back in the 70s and 80s, nobody really did as much in the mental health area as they do now. Too bad for Kevin - would have lived a better life with the right help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
There are many who "suffer" from this "disorder." I personally do not iew it as one since it is the "disorder" of geniuses. Many great people could have been diagnosed with this speectrum of autism, including Albert Einstein, US Presdient James Madison, the great musical geniuses such as JS Bach, L Beethoven, Sigmmund Frued, and so forth. As a matter of fact, you can probably walk down the street and your life long frined could have been diagnosed with A.S. Yes, these are the poeple we oftentimes call nerds, geeks, freaks, and so forth, but many of these people are also very highly intelligent and even geniuses, the savants of society even though eccentric.

My point is this spectrum of "disorder" is really not a dibilitating disorder nor is it a definite cause that would make someone self-destructive, though the problems of being able to "fit in" can be a cause of depression and poor behavioural decisions, especially in the youth who might have A.S. But there are a significant majority of poeple who can be diagnosed with A.S. who actually flourish in society. Aspergers or not, poeple make bad decisions and act in an eccentric manner regadless of if they are "normal" or not.

In summary, waht I am trying to say is, yes, he might have suffered from A.S, but that might not be the causitive factor that let to such a result of his actions. Yes, he was controlling and blinded in that he thought his product was flawless, many poeple can be blinded in such a one-sided manner with out even having any sort of mental "disorder," this is somthing that many naive poeple do, no matter how smart they might be.