View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 12:47 PM
MOLE21401
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ,Brodak ARF Kits

ORIGINAL: PipeMajor

ORIGINAL: flyinryan

My TopFlight Flight Streak ARF has a flawless covering job. Just lack some stregnth in the fuse by the motor mount.
Only when you smack it into the ground. [X(]
Looking to power it with a OS for sure, have alway ran Fox's over the years,but I am rearly impressed with the OS engines performance.
OS LA 25 is the powerplant of choice. Actually, the discontinued OS FP 20 is THE engine to get. Run in stock with an APC 9-4 prop and it can't be beat.

It's getting impossible to find in-stock fuel suitable to run an old iron piston/steel cylinder Fox engine these days. The 17% synthentic content RC fuels will kill a Fox. You need an all-castor (or at least a 50/50 castor/synthetic blend) with mininum 25% oil content.

The number 1 issue with the current offering of CL ARFs is the control system. ARF manufacturers simply crimp a rather rough stranded leadout cable directly into a soft aluminum bellcrank. If the leadout crimps don't fail (it not "if", it's "when") the bellcrank will surely fail.
I ordered some old style high castor directly from Fox 2 months ago....got it in qt.s