RCU Forums - View Single Post - Assan X8 2.4 Ghz problems
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 07:15 PM
mikeboyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Assan X8 2.4 Ghz problems

I just purchased the new 9 Channel, long antenna version from Hobby King, installed in my Giant UCD with a Moki 2.10 on it, with the 8 channel transmitter module in my 9Z. Could not tell the difference between the $200 PCM receiver and the $40 Assan 2.4 receiver. No glitches, qwerks, or problems at all. Range checked out to 500 yards, couldn't loose the signal, got tired of walking. Flew out well over 1,000 yards, no problems. The long antennas are mounted 90 degrees apart, inside the fuselage. They are about the same size and weight as my old 6 channel JR Spread Spectrum receivers, only with longer antennas and less expensive white plastic covering. I just ordered 4 more tonight, after the great success with my first one yesterday.

I have a Giant Scale Decathalon, with a 45cc gas engine, I will test out on next. They require initial linking with a jumper on the signal pins of channels 1 and 3. Once linked, they are linked for good, unless you need to relink then to a new different module.

Hope this answers the question about large scale. I also purchased 4 7 channel receivers, but I think they really belong in park flyers or other smaller planes. Haven't played with them yet, beyond linking and installing in little electrics.

Hope others post their results soon.
Thanks