RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why digital sevos?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2003, 12:41 AM
Aero330LX
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why digital sevos?

Originally posted by ronk1
The post that refers to low cost digital servos not being any good what servos are bad ones? I hope not Hitec I jest ordered some 5625s.
Hi ronk1,
I'd recommend you do a search here on RCU. There are lots of threads on the hitecs already here, and anything I would say would basically just be repetitious. The ATV issue was not one of the issues I was referring to. It's the issues with hard-overs (servos that go full deflection and stay there), and what looks like a trend of amps burning out. There have also been a bunch of unexplained crashes where the date code issue (ATV issue) was up to date, but guys still had failures. Most of these seem to happen at 20 flights or less. I don't wanna get into too much detail here as plenty has already been written, and don't wanna be in the middle of a brand war which is why I left the brand names out of my original post. If you look through the majority of the posts you will see the trends...yes there are a few that look isolated, but some of these issues are just happening too much, and one of them I have seen myself. Hope this helps you some though.