RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here it is, Traxxas's Rock Crawler... The Summit!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Airmicro
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here it is, Traxxas's Rock Crawler... The Summit!

It dies in the super class because of its lack of rear steering.
Again, not everyone is a competition crawler, not everyone is a racer etc. Every darn r/c that comes out now gets compared to a racer, etc. Who cares!! I've been into r/c for 29 years now, and could give one crap about a race, racer, track etc. I've also crawled since '99 when there wasn't one single crawler to buy, you just modded, made etc. what you had.

I've always loved Traxxas because of this! They try to appeal to the mass r/c'er which is a basher, and if he wants to take their vehicle and race, then so be it and good luck with it. Its all I read everyday, this thing is gonna suck at racing, or in the case of this r/c, it ain't gonna be the #1 comp rig! Again, who cares! I'd like to see any crawler right now that can go crawl, with locked diff's, and in low gear, then later if you get bored with that, then leave the rock area, head to the grass, gravel etc. and un-lock, switch into high gear and let it eat!

Yeah, this is called versatility! Its what Traxxas does best, other than standing the r/c world on its head a couple times a year!