RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glow plugs... need some suggestions
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Troy-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glow plugs... need some suggestions

I wiped off the plugs pretty good to get a good photo shot. The last one I ran was pretty oily. Still, you guys are giving sound advice and I am taking notes. I am not running a bubble-less tank but it is wrapped in soft foam. I don't pylon turn this thing since it skids off speed anyway so it's big swooping runs. I have run the tank empty a few times. My last flight I had a stuck throttle so no choice. Was fun while it lasted. Actual run time is guessed so I will set timer in the future so I don't deadstick.

I did notice that I was down on peak RPM on my last flight. I checked the plug prior to flight and it was slightly distorted and not glowing super bright. I figured it would go one more flight and have to switch out. I was down about 700 RPM. I am able to peak at 21,400 but only able to get 19,700 last flight. I needled to 19,200 and it still seemed to get on the pipe a decent amount.

Learning lots from you guys! Wish I had some more 'tuners' in my neck of the woods. What would we do without the Net? So anyone have a spare Carb they want to part with!?