RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP SHOESTRING or Midget Mustang by WM for YS 1.10
Old 10-24-2008, 02:57 PM
RWHorton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GP SHOESTRING or Midget Mustang by WM for YS 1.10

Sorry I can't help on this one. I hate to speculate weather a plane can handle the aerodynamic loads we ask of them. My father worked on the C5 project. He was part of the team at lockhead that designed the landing gear. I asked him how they came up with the landing loads the plane might see. He told me they ran all the number and in the end when they were satisfied they had it right they doubled those numbers. The point I am making is we can guess till christmass and then all it takes is one gust of wind coming the wrong way and all will be lost.

I have built and design several fast planes, never had one fail yet, could have built them lighter, but then who knows what might of happen. Rule #1 if it looks weak it most likely is.

When I fly my little toni I don't abuse it but I do make a few racing lapes with it, With the thin wing these birds have, it will high speed stall asap so I respect this plane alot for what it is and what it does. It is such a gracefull flying plane I would hate to lose her.

Good Luck.