RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maxamps nimh 4700mAh batteries
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Chris_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxamps nimh 4700mAh batteries

ORIGINAL: JAM MaxAmps

On a normal charge rate they were peaking at 1.45 volts per cell. And we compared them to the standard non matched ep4600's that we sold. The cells were tested side by side and ours performed better. We don't do matching the whole matching deal destroys the cells life span and cell matching is slowly fading away as Li-Po's take over. Not to mention the market for matched cells is small.

Best regards,

Jason
That is the voltage off the charger, which is higher. My battery peaks a little bit higher but that is because I use a Integy 30 amp discharger and Novka Smart tray to discharge them to get *****um performance. How does charging at 7.5 amps and discharging at 30 amps (good batteries discharge at over 100) ruin the cells life span? If you kerep discharging them fully the lifespan will grow. Doing things like charging them above 8 amps and dead shorting the battery and not discharing will shorten battery life. Matched cells produce more power and keep their current longer (kinda like lipo in a way) than normal batteries. I am mainly trying to say for $45 you can get a battery with the same performance as that and for $60 you can get a "factory" matched battery.

Have your lipo cells ever been compred to Orion lipos? EVERYONE at my track has the orion 3800 and everyone says Maxamps dont give any power (this is for stock and superstock class) compared to orion, Trakpower, and SMC lipo batteries. Do you have any defense?