RCU Forums - View Single Post - PROP SIZE FOR OS MAX 40
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 04:03 PM
newflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROP SIZE FOR OS MAX 40

I bought a Diamond Dust from a guy here on RCU and it has a old OS .40 MAX with a APC 10x6" prop on it. The motor has a rear exhaust with a tuned pipe on it. I'm not sure but I thought that the .40 MAX would need a 9x8" or so for top speed. I have never owned a Diamond Dust but seen several fly before. Could someone tell me where the CG is suppost to be and maybe what a good throw would be for the elavon's to start out with. I will be putting Hitec 5645 servos on the Dust and I am sure that they will be strong enough for it. I have never seen a OS .40 max with a rear exhaust before. Could it have been a duct fan motor? I have a Whiplash that I bought from a guy a couple years ago and I will be getting it ready to fly this winter so I thought the Diamond Dust would be good to fly first to get me use to the Whiplash. I have a guy painting a picture of the Green Goblin on the bottom of the Whiplash as we speak so that I can see it better. Any help you guys could give would help a lot. I do have a preditor that I have been flying for a couple of years now and I have had a Hobby Lobby projeti with a Mega 16/15/3 that I have flown several times so the speed in not an issue but the prop,CG and throws would be great

Thanks
Newflyer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17184.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1067335   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48638.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1067336   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye84260.jpg