RCU Forums - View Single Post - PROP SIZE FOR OS MAX 40
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 09:54 AM
newflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PROP SIZE FOR OS MAX 40

Bob and Cody,
Thanks for your help! I got the motor started yesterday for a few seconds and then couldn't get it to restart. I put in a new glow plug and fuel line from the fuel tank but no luck. I checked the exhaust line and poked a T- pin in the exhaust nipple to make sure it was clear. I opened up the throttle and stuck my thumb over the carb and hand flipped the prop and could get the fuel to draw into the carb. I put a glow plug on it and the motor would start for a second and then die. I don't think it is drawing fuel on it's own. I checked the low speed needle and seen that it was 4 turns counter clockwise from closed. When I flip the motor with the carb open and my thumb over it (and the glow igniter removed) I think that there is a little fuel coming from the bottom of the carb where it slides into the motor housing. Not bad but a little. It looks like the screw is about stripped out. Is there a O-ring in there? Anything else that would make it not draw? I know that it could be that the clunk has come off but I can't see it without cutting the tank out from under the covering. Plus I don't thing that is it because if I fill the tank all the way up until it comes out of the exhaust line then the motor should run until the fuel made it past the top of the tank and it still won't run even with the tank overflowing?
Bob,
I will be getting ahold of you soon about a motor and pipe set up for my whiplash. I bought it from Bob Eckel here on RCU. It is the Spiderman one that is on your website. How far behind are you guys on getting product out the door?

Thanks
Newflyer