RCU Forums - View Single Post - FlyFly BAe Hawk 90mm EDF
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FlyFly BAe Hawk 90mm EDF

I've had some PMs on the Hitec programmable servos so I'll post a bit more about the programmer.

The Hitec [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSYU0&P=ML]HFP-20[/link] Digital Servo Programmer/Tester allows you to get the most out of Hitec’s new G2 programmable digital servos. The programmer allows users to perfectly match servos in ganged applications or customize several other parameters such as dead band, direction, speed reduction, endpoints and failsafe. The HFP-20 is required to program the overload protection features in the new HS-79XX and 50XX servos along with the standard/high resolution setting in the HS-79XX series. The HFP-20 is backwards compatible and works with all Hitec Digital Servos.

The programmer contains its own internal 4.8v rechargeable battery to power the test and programming functions. The re-charging port is located on the side and designed to use a standard overnight wall charger like the ones used for receiver batteries.

Some of the servo tests are to measure receiver pulse to the servo, measure the voltage supplied to the servo from the receiver, automatic servo movement tests for break-in cycling, and manual servo movement testing.

Programmable Features Include:
[ul][*] Reset to factory default[*] End and center points[*] Direction of Rotation[*] Dead Band Width[*] Failsafe Point[*] Speed (reduction only)[*] Overload Protection (G2 servos only)[*] Resolution Mode Setting[/ul]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37003.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1070981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84756.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	1070982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72310.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	40.3 KB