RCU Forums - View Single Post - COMP ARF 110" F4U ARF WITH FOLDING WING ASSEMBLY
Old 11-14-2008, 01:37 PM
didiwatt
My Feedback: (38)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: COMP ARF 110" F4U ARF WITH FOLDING WING ASSEMBLY

I ran into another potential problem that may save you guys some grief. I was just lucky. It is where you place the hinges on the wheel well doors. The instructions gave no placement measurements. After looking at pictures of the arf version, I decided on placing the hinges 1 1/2" inward from the outer edge of the doors, per the photo below. Well, what comes in play latter is the location of the air cylinder for opening and closing the doors. These must have good geometry. Had I gone any further toward the center, the wheel would have prevented proper cylinder placement.

Of course I am only talking about the front two hinges that the air cylinder attaches to. After going back and looking at the arf version pictures, the hinges are a little closer to the ends. If you look at the top of the upper door on the picture below, there is a dogleg. The hinge on the arf version is very close to the point where the dogleg straightens out. That would put the hinge closer to 1" to 1 1/8" from the end. If you go back on page 2 and look at the arf pictures I posted, you will see what I mean.

I don't have my cylinders mounted yet but I think I will be ok, I am just finishing up gear #2.

Oh, by the way, Darrell at Sierra has sequencing air values for this bird and recommends two large air tanks. I just ordered them today, thanks Darrell.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67874.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	1072024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78212.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	1072025