RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question: Trainer Cable to PC (USB?) Joystick adaptor?
Old 05-30-2003, 01:15 AM
foobar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question: Trainer Cable to PC (USB?) Joystick adaptor?

I have an Airtronics SR-something 4 channel that i bought in 1987, still works great, just needs new batteries.

Haven't flown in about 15 years but plan to get her up again this summer, just need new gear, those batteries, and some fuel.

In the interim i was flying a lot of PC flightsimulators.

Question is: is there an adaptor for the Trainer Cable system that converts to PC joystick-port or USB? My Radio's trainer jack is a 5 pin DIN plug (hey thats the same as a MIDI jack!!! maybe that'll work into my soundcard's joystick/MIDI port??? Nah...that'd be too convenient...no???)

Does somebody make this? If not, I know it's possible. Plans? Anyone done it?

Yes i know there's R/C sims out there but i just wanna fly my Warbirds 3 in offline practice mode for a while with my transmitter's teensie joysticks to get the feel back. Software is free at totalsims.com, you pay to fly online with others though. Aces High at hitechvreations.com is another fairly good one, bit more game-y

This has made me think of another question: is the reverse possible? Could i use a PC/Mac joystick with a radio transmitters, plugging into it's trainer-jack? If so, analog only or would USB be possible?